Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Who doesn't love time travel?

I received a brief but excellent email while at work from one of my roommates, explaining that he was experiencing a “nervous breakdown level of excitement for college and pro football in our apartment right next to Russell’s. I need help in the form of a jump to the future in a De Lorean.” Russell’s, of course, is the mom and pop liquor store next to our apartment. And the De Lorean, in case you suck at life, is the automobile/time machine manufacturer made famous by the Back to the Future series. I can’t really find much relevance in this other than to agree with him. I, too, am very excited about going to football games this fall, to watching football on TV this fall, and to acquiring a time-travel-capable automobile.

It’s true that heading back to school is imminent, and I fell that it is very welcome to most of us. I, for one, can’t wait to get back in the swing of things. There is nothing better, as far as I can tell, than being in Amherst in the fall. Can’t wait. Of course, my first three years got off to shaky starts due to some questionable decision making, but I’m sure I’ll do better this time around.

Another interesting note is that this year, Madden 08 will be the first Madden game I ever own. I’ve had three consoles which support the Madden software (Genesis, PS1, Xbox 360… I have no brand loyalty) and yet the only NFL game I’ve ever owned was Game Day 2000. That’s right, I was a 989 Sports guy. Well, more or less. I never had anything other than their football games (Gamebreaker 98, 99, and 2000 and said Game Day game), but I also never had any EA Sports games after the Genesis. I broke that streak earlier this year when Matt (the roommate with the quote above) brought home a copy of Tiger Woods PGA 07. I have to say, he made an excellent choice.

Tonight Barry Bonds continues to go for some record that means very little to me, the Sox play in the best-vs-best series in Anaheim and the Yankees continue their romp to the finish against the Blue Jays.

Hope I haven’t forgotten anything, because I think it’s time for my nap.

No comments: