Monday, September 29, 2008

Well, today was a shit sandwich

Today, Americans lost trillions of dollars. Trillions. Like, thousands of billions. The stock market lost seven percent of its value. Individual families are losing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not just wealthy ones either, there are people who are truly being financially destroyed by this. And while I'm not making any comments about the presidential candidates, I'm sure as hell not going to worry about bad-mouthing the people who are already in office. Thanks, A-team. I have to admit, I feel bat for Henry Paulson. The man probably hasn't slept a wink in months trying to resolve this mess that's been created.
Oh well. I guess I don't have to worry as much since I'm broke, unemployed and living out of a cardboard box.

Moving on, I wanted to bring some attention to something I noticed last night while watching the Eagles-Bears game. During a commercial break, an ad came on for the new Audi A4. Nice looking car. However, I wasn't paying so much attention to the visual attention of the ad as I was the audio. The music sounded incredibly familiar. So I went to my iTunes and found a song a friend had recently sent to me by Sigur Ros, a group from Iceland. Lo and behold, it's a blatant ripoff. However, not wanting to jump to conclusions, I figured that Audi may have collaborated with the band for the ads. Apparently not. I mentioned it to my friend, who apparently had also noticed, and she sent me this: apparently I'm not the only one who noticed. See what I did there, Audi? I gave someone else credit for doing more research than I did on the subject. I offered a mere hyperlink to someone else's website. I didn't act like this was an entirely solo effort.
Reason #4,591 I won't buy an Audi in my lifetime.

As for recapping the weekend in American gridiron football -- what a Saturday, eh? Vanderbilt is alone in first in the SEC East (4-0, 2-0 SEC) while Northwestern sits alongside Penn State as the only overall unbeatens of the Big Ten (5-0, 1-0). Smart kids keep on rollin'.

No comments: