Thursday, October 23, 2008

I wonder who plays Senator Obama...

Apparently this is pretty old news to a lot of people, but not to me. Hustler legend Larry Flynt has produced a new video starring Lisa Ann called either "Who's Nailin' Paylin" or simply "Nailin' Paylin". This has the potential to be the greatest MILF flick in the history of the industry. Nina Hartley, who is now 49 years old, will play the role of Hillary Clinton. This will mark my first time (I think) hyperlinking to adult content. I'm proud it could be because of this.
Fortunately I didn't let this new discovery take over my entire day. Sports Illustrated's annual NBA Preview issue came in the mail today, and I had the pleasure of reading about how severely the Celtics are going to own the Eastern Conference again. SI appears to also be on the ever-growing Sixers bandwagon. I'm not sold on them quite yet, though I do think they'll be dangerous with Brand. The one thing that irks me about this issue is that SI, much like the fine folks at ESPN, seems to think that the loss of James Posey is going to be huge for the Celtics. Believe me, I was a Posey fan, but the guy was just a role player. After seeing the athleticism displayed by Billy Walker during the preseason, I feel very comfortable with Walker and Doc's personal favorite, Tony Allen, filling Posey's shoes.
And I know I've written about this before, but does anyone realize how young the Blazers are? Look at this! (Potential 12 man roster)

Blazers Depth Chart Age on 01/01/09

PG Jerryd Bayless 20
SG Brandon Roy 24
SF Martell Webster 22
PF LaMarcus Aldridge 23
C Greg Oden 20

G Steve Blake 28
G Sergio Rodriguez 22
G Rudy Fernandez 23
F Ike Diogu 25
F Channing Frye 25
F Travis Outlaw 24
C Joel Przybilla 29

Ridiculous! That is absolutely frightening. This team may be on the verge of winning about five championships in the next decade. There was another team that caught my eye because of their youth: Memphis. This team, according to SI, will start Mike Conley Jr, OJ Mayo, Rudy Gay, Hakim Warrick, and Marc Gasol. Yikes. That could easily be a 60-loss club.
As for SI's award picks for the year, they were remarkably creative. They have Kobe as MVP and KG as Defensive POTY... oh wait, those are last year's actual winners. To be even less creative, check out their first team All NBA: Chris Paul, Kobe, Lebron, KG, and Yao. The only difference from the '08 All NBA team is Yao subbing in for Dwight Howard (who SI has on the second team). Nice, fellas. Way to go out on a limb.

A couple of less happy notes: Today, Lute Olsen stepped down as head coach of Arizona. To be honest, I don't know how much his heart has been in it since his wife passed away. Last year, he took a leave of absense and ultimately divorced the woman with whom he had remarried. It's a shame, but hopefully Lute finds some happiness in retirement. He's been a staple of college hoops for my entire life.
Troubling news for New England Patriots fans, as apparently Mr. Brady is experiencing some technical difficulties post-surgery. An infection has needed to be operated on multiple times and ultimately Brady may need to have the initial surgery done all over again. I can definitely foresee Brady choosing not to return to football. Hopefully his overall health doesn't become an issue, as these infections can get pretty serious.

And finally, a happy note. I was perusing YouTube today, as always, and came across this video:



It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

No comments: