Thursday, October 2, 2008

In case we needed another reason to hate OSU...

Terrelle Pryor appears to be exactly the type of player they love in Columbus. An athletic freak who also happens to be borderline mentally retarded. Seriously, I actually have evidence here. The kid went to his press conference last year, which he had plenty of time to prepare for, and in a very awkward manner announced his college plans. He didn't read an eloquent explanation of the process, concluding with "it is for these reasons that I will enroll at the Ohio State University" -- but rather said "If everyone is here, University of Ohio State". First of all, that's some shitty sentence structure. Second of all, what school is that?
Anyway, I've probably ranted about this before, so I'll get to my point. This week, Pryor was noticably upset about a very non-inflamatory comment by Mark May. Mayday basically said, let's wait before declaring Pryor a savior in Columbus. Pryor's response? Nothing short of awesome:

"If we would lose that game, we would get stuff talked on us, but if USC loses, they don’t get stuff talked on them.People like Mark May, he said ‘let’s see how he plays on the big stage,’ and we’re going to see next week... The media, ESPN people, sit there and talk stuff on our team and say we’re dead. We’ll find out this week coming up who’s dead. We’re out to show the world something, and we’re going to."

Terrelle, what the hell does it mean to "talk stuff on [OSU]." However, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This isn't the first stud freshman who came into Jim Tressell's program, played like hell but wasn't one with the words. What prison is Mo Clarett in again?

The unfortunate thing about this is that Pryor may not be the biggest crybaby in football this week. As most of us are now aware, Lane Kiffin is out of a job in Oakland. What some people do not know is that one of Al Davis's former head coaches took greater exception to the firing than Kiffin himself. Mike Shannahan apparently feels that Kiffin should have been let go a long time ago, saying "I was a little disappointed, to be honest with you. When you take a look at it, I was there 582 days. Lane Kiffin was there 616 days. So, what it really means is that Al Davis liked Lane more than he liked me. I really don't think it's fair. I won three more games, yet he got 34 more days of work. That just doesn't seem right." Okay, so Shanahan was kidding, but seriously dude. The guy just lost his job, and Al Davis is now saying he won't even pay him the remaining salary he is owed. Al Davis is funny. And by funny I mean senile.

In unrelated news, the Sox look poised to go back to the ALCS after an excellent game 1 win in Anaheim. The Cubs, on the other hand, do not appear to be in such good shape. They're currently trailing the Dodgers 6-0 in game 2, having already dropped the opener. Man, what did Chicagoans do to warrant this kind of fan torture. Even when they're excellent, they still suck. Also, when has there ever been a post season with this many awesome managers? Pinella, Torre and Scioscia are awesome, and Maddon and Francona are solid. I know nothing about Charlie Manuel, and Ozzie Guillen and Dale Sveum are borderline inhumanly stupid. But still, five very good managers of the eight teams still playing baseball. Reminds me of the NBA conference finals when the coaches in the western conference semi-finals finals (Phil Jackson, Greg Popovich, Jerry Sloan, Byron Scott) made the ones in the east (Mike Brown, Doc Rivers, Flip Saunders, Brian Hill) look like my seventh grade AAU coach.

Also, a few quick shoutouts. First, to Sarah Palin and Joe Biden for thoroughly entertaining me tonight. By entertaining, I mean giving me something to flip to during the commercial breaks of the Cubs game. But seriously, this election is big. I'm not endorsing anyone -- for now -- but I do hope and expect more than the 110,000,000 or so votes that were cast in 2004. And because I can count on roughly five people to read this, then I feel I'm fulfilling my civic duty by posting this:



Finally, a congratulations to my cousin, Jill, who will be marrying her fiancee, BC, in about 17 hours. Very awesome people, should be a fun night.

No comments: